The centre of Čabar is dominated by the castle (manor house) of Petar Zrinski, dating back to 1651. To this day, a part of the original walls, the tower and the vaults on the ground floor of the central building have been preserved. The castle houses the regional collection, a gallery of paintings by Vilim Svečnjak, and the interpretation centre “The Routes of the Frankopans”.

At the centre of Brod na Kupi, the Zrinski family constructed a manor house, a three-storey rectangular building, surrounded by outer fortifications (today in ruin). The Zrinski Castle in Brod na Kupi dates back to 1651, and was built by Count Petar Zrinski, probably at the site of an earlier, 15th century Frankopan castle. The present castle is a simple three-storey masonry structure with a hipped roof, and houses the permanent exhibition “Wilderness with a Sea View” and the interpretation centre “The Routes of the Frankopans”.

The castle is located on a hill slope on the edge of a coniferous forest. It was built by the Frankopan family. According to some sources, the Frankopans had a town in Stara Sušica, which was not occupied by the Ottomans. The castle also includes a sacral monument, the Church of St. Anthony of Padua.

In the 19th century, the castle was owned by Count Laval Nugent, and in 1890 it was bought by merchants from Rijeka, Feliks and Josip Neuberger. The castle was restored in the romantic style of the time.

The castle (manor house) and surrounding park in Severin na Kupi, which was once owned by the old noble family of Frankopan, was first mentioned in 1558. It is a single-storey rectangular building with an inner courtyard and arched corridors and outer cylindrical turreted towers.

Gomirje is first mentioned in 1461 as part of the Modruš County. After the Ottomans destroyed the castle and the neighbouring church, the settlement was torn down and the people driven out; warriors of the Orthodox faith were brought in to defend the land. Gomirje Monastery, with the adjacent Church of the Birth of St. John the Forerunner, is the westernmost Orthodox monastery in Europe.