Event: Camino Imota weekend
Join us at Imotski for “Camino Imota weekend” and discover the new section of the Croatian Camino route. This event will be held from Friday June 18th to Sunday June 20th.
Camino de Santiago- the Way of St. James is a pilgrimage route walked by millions over the centuries, experiencing something unique. In Croatia, there is over 800 years of Camino pilgrimage tradition.
If you haven’t walked the Camino yet, take this opportunity and discover what attracts an increasing number of pilgrims each year. If you walked the Camino use this opportunity to relive the “Camino experience”
8:00 The church of St. James , Cista Velika
- participants registration, issuing of pilgrim passports
Holy mass with pilgrim blessing
9:00 – 13:00 Walk from Cista Velika to Lovreć (15 km)
17:00 Imotski, monastery
- Opening of multimedia exhibition “Camino – Europe’s main road”
- exhibition is held “live” and online
- Featured photos from Camino routes in Europe
- Pilgrim’s video testimonials “what do you like best about the Camino ?
International round table “ Camino pilgrimage in 21st century”
- Moderated panel discussion with following topics:
- What attracts modern world to the Camino pilgrimage
- Evangelization on the Camino
- Camino and sustainable tourism
- “live ” translation Croatian / English
7:00 – 14:00 Walk from Lovreć to Proložac ( 27 km)
18:00 Imotski, monastery
- Pilgrim testimonials “Camino experiences”
7:00 – 14:00 Walk from Proložac to Imotski (27 km)
- Holy mass with final pilgrim blessing
- Issuing of Camino Imota pilgrim certificates
During the walk pilgrims collect stamps at the pilgrim passport. All pilgrims who participate for at least one day are eligible for Camino Imota pilgrim certificate
For all participants with accommodation at Imotski a transfer option will be provided to and from each daily stage
During the pilgrimage:
- Camino prayer arrows: During the Camino weekend it will be possible to send prayer requests through Facebook. During the pilgrimage at suitable locations near the path we’ll make small crosses from stones and branches, near which we’ll hold a prayer for those prayer requests. All those who send their prayer requests will get a photo with “their” cross .
- Camino testimonials: The participants will have an opportunity to leave a message from future pilgrims on this route. The message can be about their impression of the route, their own Camino testimonial or experience, motivating spiritual message, prayer …
During the event at Camino Imota Info point (Google Maps location) you’ll be able to get all the required information
All program details and updates will be published on this web page. If you have any questions, please contact us.