The old parish church with a cemetery was probably built at the location of the medieval church that had a graveyard with “stećci”. One is preserved in the chapel and it serves as an outside altar.
The church got its present form In the mid eighteenth-century, its special feature is a bell Tower from 1725. Signed by master Matija who built the church. The main altar was built in the 19th century by the Rako family workshop.
At the elevated hilltop with a cross there are remains of a prehistoric fort and a better preserved fortress from late antiquity with preserved walls, gates and an indoor keep. A bit further from the church lies a new Parish Church built in 1936/37. The statues of St. Thomas the Apostle and St. Sylvester the pope at the main altar are from the destroyed Zadar church of st. Thomas. The sign altars are from the old Church of Our Lady of health in Split.