In Proložac, there has always been a crossing over the torrents of Suvaja, most likely on the site of today’s bridge. This crossing is one of the reasons why the settlement grew here since prehistoric and Roman times. Along the approach to the bridge, on the left bank of Suvaja, there is a medieval cemetery with “stećak” tombstones, featuring one depicting the fort. The oldest parts of today’s bridge date back to the time of Ottoman rule, and the bridge was rebuilt around 1900. Next to the bridge is a restored monument to Christ the King constructed in 1901. The statue is the work of the Split sculptor Josip Barišković. Above the bridge, on a hill with a cross, is the prehistoric and late antique fortress “Kokića glavica”.