The church of St. James was built in 1888 at the site of an earlier 18th century church. The older church was probably built on the site of an earlier medieval one, next to which there was a cemetery with stećak tombstones. Today’s church maintains two valuable wooden altars, from the Rako family workshop dated from the 19/20th century. The main altar features an 18th century painting by the Baroque painter Filip Naldi.

This church represents a spiritual beginning of the pilgrimage route, since it is dedicated to St. James the Apostle – the same saint being celebrated in the great basilica at Santiago de Compostela.