The parish church of Our Lady of Carmel was built in 1869, while its bell tower was built in 1999. One of the bells in the bell tower is from the 18th century. There are three valuable altars in the church – two made of Carrara marble from the Bilinić workshop in Split and one wooden one from the Rako workshop in Imotski.

The entire area around the church is probably the location of an ancient municipality of Novae or Ad Novas – the largest Roman settlement in the local area.